TOUR GUIDE-ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Contributes to the effectiveness of the environmental, safety /training, and operations team by performing duties, including telephone, office administrative duties, conducting tours, public speaking, data input.
EDUCATIONAL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma is a minimum requirement and one year experience in an office setting. Associate’s Degree or two years secretarial or other business experience desired.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES REQUIRED TO DO JOB: Strong oral communication and presentation skills. Able to interact with people from different backgrounds and age groups. Being enthusiastic and friendly. Being able to retain company and industry related facts. Understanding of keyboarding, use of personal computer & calculator are required. Telephone and interpersonal skills are necessary. Proficient in Word and Excel. Daily attendance is required unless authorized by Supervisor.
CRITICAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Environmental Manager, all mine personnel and the general public.
1. Administrative: Responsible for administrative needs as assigned by supervisor, maintaining files, and processing telephone calls.
2. Tour Guide: Responsible for scheduling, preparation for, and conducting tours for general public, customers, landowners, and other small and large groups as directed. Conduct tours in an informative, courteous, safe and timely manner. Ability to memorize scripted tours.
3. Knowledgeable of the operation of surface coal mines, power plants and surrounding community.
4. Other Duties: Responsible to assist and/or substitute for Administrative Assistant and other administrative professionals when necessary, input time cards for payroll as needed.
5. Other Projects: Under the direction of the Manager plans, coordinates, and carries out special projects.
6. Safety: Advise tour participants of known safety hazards present during tours. Select tour route, distribute hard hats, eye protection and tour brochures. Able to drive in a safe, competent manner. Valid driver’s license is required.
BNI Coal is an equal opportunity